Spider Web Cookies
These Spider Web Cookies are fast and fabulous! Here are the supplies you’ll need:
- round sugar cookies
- royal icing, white and a small batch of black (recipe below) Tip: icing should be a about the consistency of honey.
- Make a round outline around the outside edge of each cookie with the white icing and allow to dry for a few minutes.
- Using white icing, “flood” the surface inside the outlined area of each cookie. (If it is difficult for the icing to spread and level, you may need to thin it more with a couple drops of water)
- Before the flooded surface dries, make a bullseye pattern with the black icing. Begin with a dot of black in the middle and make rings around the dot.
- Using a toothpick, place the tip in the center of the bullseye and quickly drag out towards the edge of the cookie. Repeat this step until you’ve worked your way all the way around the circle and created the spider web.
- Allow to dry completely.
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons meringue powder
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons warm water (this varies depending on desired application, start with less and add a little more water as needed)
- Food Coloring