December Decorating Inspiration: Ice Cream Cone Trees
These ice cream cone trees are an easy fun project. We decorated these with green buttercream and sprinkles. You can also use royal icing or melting chocolates to coat the trees. We love the trees on top of some yummy cupcakes but they also make great additions to our gingerbread houses! Supply List:
- Cupcakes frosted with white buttercream, topped with white sprinkles
- Buttercream frosting tinted green
- Piping bag fitted with a star tip
- Sprinkles and candies (we used chocolate covered sunflower seeds for the “lights” on our tree)
- When you pipe the frosting on the tree, leave the tip of the tree bare. This gives you a clean surface to handle the tree and put it place. Once in place, finish piping the top of your tree.
- You can cover the trees with a basic “star” or you can give the tree a more textured look by applying the star in a downward motion, release the pressure on the bag and quickly pull the tip out and away.